Thursday, October 01, 2009

Ken Reviewing M9

I am live blogging Ken live blogging his M9 review.  M9 is now in his, gasp, "sticky little hands" now as he puts it.  I have no idea why they are sticky.  Could that be he is in Arizona?  Or because of something insidious?  Anyway, I am delighted to read his review.  I can't possibly link to his article as there isn't any permalink yet, he's still crafting his html like in the 80s.

UPDATE:
For what is worth, here is the link about sharpness.  I didn't own any of the cameras and unlikely to get any one of them, but I found it pretty appalling that given the founding as it is, the Canon whatever Mark II can't even focus correctly.  I think that's pretty ludicrous.  I guess some people are going to suggest you need to use certain focusing technique, i.e. suggesting it's a user error.  But I don't buy it one bit.  If I paid $2,700, or even $270 I fully expect it, and rightfully so, to acquire focus 99.99% all the time with all my manufacturer's lenses.  I like how Ken says it without irony or anything, "and let the Canon shoot at f/8 since it was having a focus problem." like as a matter of fact.
----
I just now went to dpreview.com, somebody is saying the same thing with Canon 7D, focus problem.  I think even long time ago, when the Canon whatever 1DMarkII came out, it had focusing problem too, and Canon even acknowledged it and it was a big big deal.  I simply cannot believe that.

Not counting any P&S, the lowly Nikon D70 and my ancient F5 never have any auto focusing issue.  They are so reliable that it's just ridiculous.  Reading all these online hearsays about Canon auto focus problems spanning from one model to another over the years, I guess I would never ever take a chance with their DSLR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....