Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Film Processing

I live in NYC, yet I send my films elsewhere for processing and scanning.  I still haven't found the one with the price point and the quality and the convenience I like.  I thought I did, but it didn't quite work out.  I am not even aware if B&H or Adorama process any film any longer.  If I were to develop my film then I very much would limit myself to black and white processing.  But to make a print I'll have to either scan it or get an enlarger.  As an aside, when I typed enlarger in eBay for a search on photo enlarger I got something totally different from what I have in mind, photographically.  The turn around of any mail order develop and scan has been painfully slow, always to the tune of a week or ten days counting shipping.  So there is really no instant gratification.  One time I was at a local CVS, I asked a youngster manning the photo developing machine if they scan film while developing he says yes but when asked how big and what dpi, he was just like me, clueless.  I thought he looked nerdy enough to know the in and out of his photo processing but no.  I thought I might get lucky to get my film developed at CVS but I guess not.  Also, I found out films are pretty expensive, a roll of 36 Tri-X at CVS is selling more than $6.  I think that's pretty steep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....