Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What Camera To Buy

Usually nobody asks me for any camera recommendation.  Because people are generally smarter than what I give credit to.

In the rare circumstances when people did ask me I usually didn't know what to recommend.  Or I seriously afraid I would recommend the wrong ones.  And they will forever think lowly of me.  Contrary to what most people think, I do care what people think of me.

I was at a birthday party in a roller skating rink, doing double axels, triple loops and the quad salchows to the tune of I Gotta Feeling and You Belong With Me, the crowd went nuts and was cheering and clapping for me.  I was the center of attention.  While I was enjoying the spotlight, my wife pulled me aside and introduced me to this lady who wanted to get a camera.  I was flattered but I really didn't know where to begin.  So I just handed my lowly Nikon D70 and 18~70 kit lens and asked her to shoot.  I told her to shoot using P, and tried to explain ISO and flash (I wonder if I would be that generous and easy if that was a $7000 M9 with a $2000 lens attached, but I am afraid I would never find out).  Anyway, I was a bit lost as I don't know what she likes or not likes.  I told her if she can put up with the weight then sure a DSLR with changeable lens is good if action and flexibility are what she is after, otherwise any point and shoot will do the job just fine.  She seemed quite satisfied with the shooting and my explanation.  I hope she enjoys whatever she gets.

For me, I just like cameras, any good cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....