Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Staedtler Eraser

When I was little like eleven or twelve, education was a privilege. We needed to jump through hoops just to go to secondary school (or what we call junior high school here).I remember our primary school teachers made sure we had the right weapons for this Primary Six public examination, i.e. three sharpened HB pencils and a Staedtler eraser for those multiple choice questions. To this day, I still believe in a good eraser. Every time, my kids erase their homework with some sub par eraser, I can't help but tell them to use a real eraser. It irks me to no end seeing them using the eraser head from the pencil.

5 comments:

  1. !!! i second that!!!
    STAEDTLER erasers forever!
    in fact, i just bought another 2 the other day, not that i use pencils much these days, but i just like the texture when squeezing it. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever use up an eraser? I don't recall I could ever wear down an eraser. They just somehow disappeared. Actually the same with ballpoint pens and pencils. They just disappear instead of die a natural death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know! exactly! i never did either. it's totally bizarre how they just disappeared. someone should do a research topic on this.
    my ballpoint pens do die naturally though. but there were times when the tip of the pen just broke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I ever broke the tip off of a ballpoint pen. Wow, that's pretty strong hand you have, like Kung Fu stroke or something. Yeah, I remember seeing your handwriting, pretty strong strokes there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. XD more like crappy pens.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....