Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yellow School Bus


An American icon, sort of.
This was taken on my way to the first day of the Photoplus expo at Jacob Javits Center.  Shot using a Canon SD880 IS.  Opened in GIMP, scaled to 1600 width and did a bit of USM to make it look sharper.  I wish I am a bit more proficient in enhancing the color, make it more saturated or giving it a technicolor look.  Perhaps I can just underexpose it a bit.  This was pretty much a grab shot but I did try to make sure the bus was right in the middle of the frame.  I was shooting into the light so I was mildly blinded when looking at the LCD screen.  I guess what I was trying to say was I did an excellent job capturing the bus.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:53 AM

    You did. The bus as well as everything look very sharp. Well done, man.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharp is not enough. Content and composition matter a lot as well. I am working on them as well. But thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....