Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bear Mountain Trail



I am still searching my own identity in this world.  One of the roles I play regularly is my boys' Dad, though I am definitely not going to get any Oscar award for that judging from my lackluster performance.

It was a five-hour hike and I made it back alive without totally embarrassing myself and my kids, I think.  Just look at the pictures, I was always the last one trying to catch up, always on the verge of losing my will to walk another step or live another day.

The inept photographer in me says:  notice the purple fringing around the tree branches?  I think Canon compacts or maybe most compacts have this problem when shooting directly into the sunlight.  But big deal, I'll just leave it as it is.  If National Geographic decides to call me, which is like never, then I will learn how to remove this purple fringing thing.  For now, I just love the color purple.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, we went to apple picking at the same farm this weekend. I never went hiking in Bear Mountain, only went there to watch leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl scouts went Apple picking I guess. And we did get some apples from them. Long story. Anyway, I am glad and mildly surprised we (mostly I) made it back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:10 PM

    Looks like it is already quite cold in NY.

    Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's cold it's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With GPS you'll never get lost. Tell you what. We still rely on the good old compass.

    cr even said she could pull or feed the GPS data back into Google Earth after her trek.

    Vincent and I are way behind in that. We're like a pair dinosaurs having time-travelled to the 21st Century.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sid:
    You are better, I rely on sun beam to tell direction and time of the day. CR is pretty advanced in using GPS. I have yet to master the little device. Mine is for driving only not very good for hiking I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....