Saturday, October 03, 2009

Bark



The scans come back OKAY, but the prints look pretty bad, The majority of the pictures I took them with a yellow filter in the front, I was hoping it would increase the contrast a bit. Still some of them came out pretty flat, just a mushy shade of gray, in part could be a result of overcast outdoor lighting; there was no black at all. It's hard to take good pictures and it's even harder to get some nice black and white prints. I am still agonizing, like I do with many things most of the time, over if I should proceed to develop my own black and white. I don't want to just buy stuff and end up not using them.

2 comments:

  1. Using filter for b&w is a essential technique that need long time practicing to accumulate experience, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Polarizer, Green, Yellow, for my old Nikkor lenses. For my Hasselblad, only one Yellow filter so as to increase the contrast on the sky. I think I need some Grad ND filter, but that cost like $190, it's pretty insane.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....