Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Something About Shoelaces ...

It's the morning rush.  Everybody is in a hurry.  There is no time for anything.  Everybody has to be out at 7:28AM.  That's except for one thing, tying up the shoelace in a butterfly bow securely.

I pulled over the curb once I found out Harry just tucked in his shoelaces instead of doing it the right way--securely tied in a butterfly bow.  I would not tolerate this infraction.  It is one of my many excuses to get mad at them.  I just think there is really no reason not to know how to tie the shoelace.  With the invention of Velcro, both kids and parents are just too happy not to know how to tie their shoes.  If I see any otherwise healthy ten  year old wearing Velcro tied sportshoes not because of any misguided aesthetic reason but out of necessity, it really makes me sick.  I wouldn't like them to just slip in and off a tied pair of shoes either, especially when they whine and scream while trying to squeeze in their untied pair of shoes.  I feel like to yell and slap them around.  But I choose my war to fight, sometimes I just give up and back off.  Like any parents in the morning rush.

4 comments:

  1. lol. i sometimes instead of tying my laces up properly, just tuck them in and rush to the bus stop. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Harry could make good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:00 PM

    My friends like to use shoe tying songs. Here you go...let Spongebob help.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9qn2atqL28

    exile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exile: Cool. I like a demo in addition to it. Actually the kid knows how to he just too lazy to bother and practice to make it better.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....