Sunday, October 04, 2009

Recession. What Recession?


Photo jacked from Nytimes.com.  Copyright belongs to its rightful owner.  Photo by Danielle Levitt

This pair of artfully aged and perfectly torn jeans is selling for $575 at Barneys New York.  You just want to kill yourself, don't you?  It's like people have a lot of money and willing to spend a lot of them to just look like not rich or some hobos.  People are too ashamed of their wealth or what?  I guess I will never ever find out in my lifetime how the rich people think  I wear torn and deconstructed jeans too, but I don't pay people to do it for me because that would be too contrived and too expensive.

To learn more ridiculously expensive stuff or stuff that makes you want to kill yourself, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:41 AM

    I feel the same. It is a weird world. Like for example, I found to my horror that a hotel room in a spa in Yunnan could cost anywhere between RMB 3000 to RMB 10000 a night. And there were takers. I sometimes wonder were things more or less the same in Paris before 1789.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to wear my shredded jeans so I look like I am a rich guy looking just like a hobo.

    It's indeed a weird world. I think most firms are still dishing out fat bonuses. I can't wrap my brain around that. I thought bonus is giving out when the company is doing well and employees are doing a great job creating wealth for the company, not when the company is losing money and employees are cooking the books.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....