Friday, October 02, 2009

Big Disappointment From Big Wong

I like to exaggerate.  It's a disappointment, even it's not big, in the scheme of things.

Last night I was in Chinatown.  I went to Big Wong.  I ordered a rice plate of Roast Pork and Roast Duck over rice.  It came instead Chicken and Roast Duck over rice.  I was OKAY with that.  I took a look at the check, the waiter got it right, at least on the check  Probably the kitchen messed up or the waiter ordered it wrong.  Anyway it didn't bother me much.  The dish was definitely below average.  The rice wasn't warm or soft and the meat, both the roast pork and the chicken were below average.  I have it much better in mid town.  So I was disappointed given that it's the very famous Big Wong in Chinatown.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that. Big Wong is one of my best choice under $5 in Chinatown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was $5.25 two meat, ha ha plus $1 tips so it's $6.25 you know dinner more expensive. It's not a big deal. They are usually pretty OKAY. At the same time, I don't actually find them to be very or exceptionally good. It's just a habit.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....