Thursday, October 22, 2009

Windows 7

Are you 7 enough to use Windows 7?  Windows 7 is not as 7 as I have imagined, at least that's what all the reviews told me so far.  But does it really matter?  Even The New York Times described Windows Vista as "epic fail" but to me, it really doesn't matter.  I just use it to browse the web.  It could well be Windows 3.11.  As an aside, I think the word "fail" is really on fire.  I try to be trendy so I have adopted it to my post usage as well.  I know the really hip people are going to hate that as a hip lingo is once again summarily appropriated and adopted by an uncool person like me and even by the Gray Lady.  There is chance that I will have to go 7, like it or not.  But really it doesn't matter.  Not much anyway.

5 comments:

  1. I have downgrade my work laptop from vista to xp a few months ago. All I could say is vista is not just fail. It's just a piece of shit that m$ shareholder have wasted their precious money on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I am not using the OS as much as you do.
    I need an OS boot up fast, navigate fast, doesn't get into the way. That's pretty much it. WiFi is still a pain sometimes, for reasons unbeknown, it would just drop dead, and can't renew the IP, though it's more of my IBM Thinkpad problem than Vista or the other Wind problem. I hate losing a connection and no way of knowing what's wrong except rebooting a few times. I once downloaded some driver and it became worse off, the whole system froze.

    I just want the system fast and reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:12 AM

    I'm all for XP now. It runs smoothly on my Hasee notebook with a meagre 512MB RAM.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too long ago, my Thinkpad was on 512MB of ram for the longest time. I think it was pretty OKAY. When it got upgraded to 1GB, I felt some improvement, things got faster. Now after about 6 months or so, it seems about the same. I always want zero start up time. Anyway, even my XP desktop for the longest time was on 512 and it runs OKAY. I mean it doesn't have the fastest processor anyway. My MSI Wind came with 1GB of RAM and I don't feel like to spend the extra buck to upgrade it to 2GB. Don't feel the need yet. When 7 becomes mainstream then I will think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:21 PM

    I'm very pleased with the start-up time of XP on my Hasee notebook.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....