Friday, June 06, 2008

Waiting Game

The title is kind of lame, actually my blog is kind of lame. Actually the fact that I use kind of more than it's necessary is kind of lame already. I am very lame.

Anyway, to continue my dash to insane random postings, I will continue to post whatever I so please. Isn't it pretty much the case all along?

I wonder if Nikon is going to announce its answer to Canon's 5D soon, that is a full frame or what Nikon calls FX format camera that is simply put not as expensive as the D3 but has the same sensor size. If the price point is reasonable enough, I may just go for it. Every now and then, I need to have some new gadgets to give myself a reason to get up in the morning.

The other evening when I was in the PTA fund raising dinner event, I had the fortune of shooting a Canon's point and shoot. In my opinion, I think Canon makes very good point and shoot. But this time, I just found the shutter lag unacceptable. I don't remember the model number but it feels pretty solid and is Made in Japan for me that's something. Perhaps by experience is heavily biased as I shoot DSLR most of the time. So that evening the shutter lag really bothers me, plus the flash just didn't work for me. I know that's pretty unfair as I just picked up the camera and used it. The camera belonged to one of the moms. It's hard to go back to point and shoot sometimes. I do believe it has its use. Just not for me for most of the time.

I am waiting for Nikon's $2000 FX model.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we await an upgraded 5D with baited breath. Hopefully Canon aren't tightwads and give it a decent overhaul and don't skimp on the weather sealing.

    If the upgrades are too little many people may choose to snap up the older 5D model to spite Canon. Which is something worth considering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canon is taking its sweet time. Well it's better this way if they can iron out all the kinks before they actually roll out a product. Nobody wants to go through the 1dMkIII thing.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....