Monday, June 02, 2008

Windows Vista Service Pack 1

I have the service pack installed for a few days. So far so good.
The below is totally anecdotal without any scientific backing or even tried to be scientific.

My hp 6910p used to be very sleepy, when it slept it didn't wake up the first time I pressed the power button. So I ended up pressing the button three times which was two times too many. The first one which supposedly wake the computer, but it didn't, so I pressed it again, to turn the computer off which was actually in sleep already, and then press the third time to wake it up.
After SP1, the wake up thing works the way it's supposed to work or what I think it should work.

Before SP1, the Wifi was iffy at best. Every too often, the wifi would just stop working for no good reason. It was just terrible. All browsers I have would just refuse to go out to see the web. Anything I tried to fix the problem was futile until I did a reboot. After SP1 for a few days already, the problem disappeared, hopefully for good.

These are the only two things I've noticed.

1 comment:

  1. Boring, please, I protest by stop reading your Blog for 7 days, you made me really disappointed. I am more interest in reading Senator MaCaine's writing

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....