Sunday, June 08, 2008

Cinelerra

I finally got some success using Cinelerra. And I am glad I don't have to compile from source or buy a new desktop. Previously the video was out of sync, the audio was all right, just that the video was played way slower making editing difficult if not impossible. I tried a a few things but to no avail. It was I think even documented as bug number 482.

Well, it was actually a simple fix. I finally got my act together and got on IRC as suggested by wildhostile. I really have no idea how to use IRC but somehow I managed to get the client to work. And raffa was nice enough to help. All I needed to do was uncheck the Play every frame box. That was it. Now comes the hard part, actually editing some video. I mean to throw together some clips aren't too difficult but to come out something actually good is hard.

Well at least Cinelerra is working and I ran out of excuse not to do anything.

I have to thank wildhostile for his interest and raffa who pointed to me the solution, something seemingly so obvious yet I totally oversaw. Thank you guys.

1 comment:

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....