Friday, June 27, 2008

I Love 80s

This is another maudlin love song that ruled the early 80s. For those who were born too late and never got the chance to admire or despise The Culture Club, here is the chance. I present you the Culture Club's Love Is Love. Also the video is from one of the best movies ever made, Electric Dreams (1984) when Virginia Madsen was 23. I shall dedicate this song to all the inordinately literate girls who tend to overthink on love, relationships and online personality tests. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I remember Boy George of Culture Club, "Do you really want to hurt me ?", back to the memory of 1984

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LCL for this video and introducing me to 80's Western pop music (I was only a kid growing up in HK in the 80s and my reference points were all to do with Leslie and Anita and Alan, and maybe the odd Madonna and Kylie Minogue).

    But... forgive me for saying this, but I could not finish listening to the video! Forgive me I really tried but I cannot stand either the pseudo-moroseness of the guy in the video or indeed, the music!! I guess I'm unfortunately not a fan of either the Culture Club or Electric Dreams then... maybe in another 10 years or so I'd learn to appreciate it. But I do agree very much that Virginia Madsen is really lovely looking!

    Oh I'm done with debating that stupid test already, God, I didn't realise how exhausting it'd be to debate love and relationships, even more so than debating politics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to say it's an acquired taste...but oh well. Music is really personal. Culture Club was really big in the early 80s. Boy George was such a phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....