Thursday, June 05, 2008

BS continued

The thing with blog is you can do anything you want. So I am not going to talk about Cinelerra because I really can't do much with at at this point...plus I am not at my dungeon.

I was at a PTA fund raising dinner party last night. 90% of the attendees were women. Being a somewhat responsible father and husband, I somewhat support the PTA not only by saying so but actually participated in their activities like by taking a whole day off so I can go to some trips with the kids and also this dinner party.

The venue was in some country club golf course setting somewhere on Long Island. If you take the LIE, it would be on exit 37. Nice place, very decent. We had raffles, auctions, buffet and dancing. I won two auctions, a basket of tea, and another basket of coffee. I guess it just shows how much I love caffeine. I got this addictive personality which is actually not very good. I was somewhat enjoying the dance too. Just some exercise. I wasn't much of a dancer but who cares, the bottomline to me is since I went I might enjoy myself as well, and who really really gives a flying fuck how good or bad you are dancing anyway. Most of the people there are just having fun. And what fun we all had.

2 comments:

  1. Are you actually really rich or is it normal for American PTA fundraisers to be held in "some country club golf course"???

    We have PTA meetings and school fundraisers here too obviously, but even if you go to a really posh school the fundraiser won't normally be held in a country club! (Oh my!) Normally they just hold a raffle in the school gym or a small fete on school grounds and that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently that country club wasn't all that exclusive. But it was decent. Perhaps country club was an over statement but it's indeed country club like with golf course with manicured lawns and everything.

    No, I am not the rich one. My kids go to public school. And I went to public school too.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....