Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Windows 7

Are you 7 enough to have Windows 7? A dear friend of mine points out that 7 is not a good name. If you speak Cantonese you probably know what I mean. I never thuoght about it as I am no longer (or have I ever) as sensitive to the language as I used to be. I think that's a very valid and interesting point. I think the Cantonese speaking communities are going to have plenty of fun with this Windows 7 OS. Wow, you are so seven. My friend vouches to get a Mac if he were to get a new computer. I totally understand his sentiment. For me, if I were to get a desktop, I probably want to build one myself. For notebook, yes, it's gonna be a MacBook pro kind of a deal. Anyway, too many to buy. I understand there is some big push of Windows 7 on the corporate side, at least when compared to Vista. MS consulting shops are decending on companies to help conduct readiness studies. Look like they are going to really push the OS down the corporate environment. At the same time, most software vendors don't really have a solid plan or a statement one way or the other as far as compatibility goes. But my limited experience and knowledge is the apps seem to work just fine in Windows 7 if they have been working fine in XP. Of course, this is totally anecdotal.

2 comments:

  1. The only thing I don't like the mac pro now is that there is no way to expand it's connectivity. I mean getting a esata port. Only the 17 inches mac pro come with the expansion slot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I have to look up what esata is. And double checked the spec of MacBook Pro. I will be a happy if I can get the 13" unibody. Even the FW800 is no match to esata. I guess it helps a lot if you need to copy big chunks of data to an external HD.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....