Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nikon Nikon Nikon

Holy Moly. Nikon introduces a plethora of new and improved products. A two-pronged simultaneous attack on both the entry level and professional market. Almost all of them are pre-announced by a myriad of rumor sites months before they are official. So there aren't really any real surprises. No we don't need any surprise just rock solid Nikon performance and reliability (I think and hope I am part of the We as my Nikon is still a lowly D70 I bought like ages ago ...).

Nikon D300s, modest but sensible upgrade from D300. I want this. If you want to send me one, please go ahead.
Nikon D3000, new kid on the block.
Nikon AF-S 70-200 F2.8G ED VR II, an upgrade for a neat monster that hopefully will set new standard for the 70-200 zoom range in both DX and FX shooting. I want this too. If you want to send me one, please go ahead.
Nikon AF-S DX 18-200 ED VR II, an upgrade for an all-around lens for DX shooters.

Details of the wares can by found via the usual suspects.

2 comments:

  1. Those new camera bodies are not exciting at all. My expectation on the 70-200 would be better edge corner sharpness on FX format and better flare control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't have a double digit mega pixel DSLR, so I think the D300s is kind of exciting. Though I am easily excitable. Now there is really no need to buy a dedicated camcorder for amateur like me. I read the auto-focus during video isn't great, but I will take it. I think with all my old Nikkor lenses, it's going to rock. BUT the price is still steep for me ... Sad.

    Yes, that's what people are complaining about the current 70-200, not sharp at the corners.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....