Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pilgrimage


Old cameras don't die they just sit on David Chan's selves and waiting to be picked up by yet another gullible amateur who somehow is obsessed with everything that's old and chrome. My pilgrimage had been pretty disappointing largely due to my own ignorance. I thought they would be of superb quality yet priced even lower than similar items found in eBay because they are in Hong Kong or simply I thought so. Superb quality is probably a yes but cheap is definitely not true. The items are priced like at least twice as much as what you would ordinarily find on eBay, and usually much much more. Granted you have the chance and joy to actually pick up the item and examine it yourself and that's something you can't do via eBay. This experience somehow totally ruined my obsession with old cameras. I lost at least temporarily all my desires to pick up any old used film camera. Thank you David Chan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....