Monday, July 20, 2009

Hong Kong

The Internet is melting down under the punishing sun here and so am I. My online experience hasn't been all that positive. First my hotel insists Internet connection is not an utility like water or electricity and hence I have to pay extra for it. Since I am a cheapskate so I refused to pay anything extra for the connection. I did end up paying $25 for a little bottle of Waton's water in the fridge. There was no wi-fi in the the room or actually the "suite" that we stayed in, it has to be a RJ-45 tethered connection, I guess that isn't all that bad, it's more reliable than wi-fi. For wi-fi, I have to haul my netbook to the lobby. I did see the connection but alas it needs to log in and a password. So I gave up. And I can see the importance of hacking skills in the face of such online roadblock created by the tyranny that's the Hong Kong hotel. The only free wi-fi I enjoyed during my stay in Hong Kong was the 30-min from a McDonald's in TST. Again, it's important to know how to hack to bypass this 30-min arbitrary limitation.

Oops, the picture can't get loaded into blogger. The picture still can't get loaded. OKAY, I gave up for now.

2 comments:

  1. Other than that, hope you and your family are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. then you should now in Taiwan, how's your experience in Taiwan, I will tell you my experience in Crowne Plaza in Zurich

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....