Thursday, July 23, 2009

Random Musings

People love lists or simply I can't write in complete sentences and paragraphs ...

  • I was going to scam one of my old friends to sell his good old Nikkor 50mm f1.2 lens. He may be old and senile but he smelled something rotten. So there was no deal.
  • I was hoping I could snatch some nice used camera equipments in Hong Kong. Alas, Hong Kong got expensive and there was no way I would shop for used equipments in Hong Kong. The price is just insane. The desire to own yet another film camera seems to be fading.
  • Some friends I missed. But that's OKAY we'll meet some day.
  • I was hoping to visit maybe at least one fancy restaurant like I did two years ago but it didn't work out. I was just busy plus the weather was simply demoralizing.
  • I brought a pair of Weejun slip-ons but never got the chance to wear them.
  • I brought two pairs of jeans but never got the chance to wear them. Only on the occasion that I flew to Taiwan did I wear my jeans. It was just too darned hot. I remember I used to wear jeans in Hong Kong in the summer, now it's like How the hell did I do that? It's like impossible. I wore cargo shorts and a jacket onboard for their unlimited supples of pockets.
  • When aircraft touches down and taxiing in the tarmac, people or some people invariably remove their seat-belts and busy opening the overhead cabins for their oversized carryons while the seat-belt sign is still on, purposely causing a commotion when none is warranted. Usually my fervent wish at that moment is the aircraft would make some sudden sharp jerks to throw them off their feet and the carryons fall on those people not on innocent passengers whose biggest crime is to be with those asshole passengers. I think that will teach them a lesson. Too bad that never happens. Plus, they also like to whip out their cellphones and yelp right away. Now I do wish the the air staff would confiscate every single one of those cell phones like they are authorized and supposed to do. Just throw those passengers together with their cellphones off the plane.

2 comments:

  1. i hate those ppl who just leave their seats and open the overhead cabins... as if they've got uber important meetings to attend or sth. they can't even wait for 5 more mins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately I only have to meet them like once every two years. I don't do much traveling at all.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....