Friday, July 24, 2009

Hong Kong


My old friends are treating me for dinner. One of them has the Nikkor 50mm f1.2 and a FM2/T. It just reflects how old he is. The guy is retired, living off his meager retirement fund and needs opening doors at shopping malls and carrying ball bags and racquets for others, an overaged ball boys if you will, to make ends meet. I warn my kids to study hard not to be like him. He is holding on his Nikons though as David Chan had told him film gears' values are holding up and appreciating nicely. What baloney.

Thank you guys for a nice dinner.

3 comments:

  1. exile from hk1:17 PM

    Damn, that fish looks awfully good. But the posters behind you guys are even more interesting. I see some food items that I don't recognize.

    snow persimmon fish??
    board blue root??

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you asked in the previous comment for food and pictures or food pictures so here they are.

    I didn't know notice the posters at all and have no idea what they are selling.

    There is always a steamed fish dish and they are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:30 PM

    I know you still covet my Nikkor lens. But you really need to buy the titanium body as well. As wp2009 always says: friendship price.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....