Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Yet Still Another Nonsense Post From Me

This I think should really conclude my nonsense series. I am having my series, I can't even believe it myself. Well, if you work hard, like me, your dreams will one day come true and will have your own blog and your own series of blog posts.

I visit thesartorialist web site now and then even though I am not exactly a fashionista myself but I have to say it's fun to look at the lookers.

The Sartorialist, otherwise nobody knows him known as Schott Schuman, knows more than a thing or two about fashion, photography and fashion photography, there is no doubt about it, and on certain level I admire his works, it takes courage and finese to ask strangers on the street to be photographed. He doesn't do the cowardly long lens or drive-by shooting so I respect him for that. I myself am never good at photographing strangers. But one thing that kind of irks me for the longest time is his abusive use of the punctuation mark ellipsis. The ellipsis really comes in handy when I can't finish a sentence or my thought. Ellipsis is my lifeline. The Sartorialist likes to employ ellipsis for his post titles, a lot, I mean like every single post. But he uses it totally inconsistently and arbitrarily, sometimes it's three dots, sometimes it's four dots and still other times it's five dots. I tried to explain away the inconsistency by say maybe one dot is actually a period but then that couldn't explain the five dots unless the ellipsis is preceded and followed by a period ... OKAY I gave up. I found the whole ellipsis business pretty disturbing and unsettling ... .

2 comments:

  1. LOL. So another blogger fond of the ellipsis and like to insert it into every single post... (stand in for unfinished thought so justified use here) At least he's not so inflicted with ellipsisitis like me that he's inserted it into his blog name like I did.

    Another justification for using the ellipsis is to artificially create suspense by lame writers who couldn't think of a better way of doing so with actual words... Again, like me!

    Yes I know I have much to do to improve my writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. If only I could write half as good as you.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....