Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Pear Orchard



These were shot using FUJI PRO160C, expired in 2006/11. And the camera was a used Hasselblad 500C/M with the 80mm CF lens. Again, I am so impressed with my exposure. Or I should actually be thankful to the latitude of the film. I guess I will never find out. The f16 rule just works for me. (I am full of it, I figure if I don't love my work who will?)

The place is in New Jersey, the orchard is run by Korean Americans. They have these big dining halls there, two of them at least, and you can actually order not so fast made to order food from their kitchen, mainly or only chicken dishes. It's $40 for 4 people. There was this dragon lady manning the cashier and she wasn't all that friendly.... I guess the food is very Korean, except you can order soda. It's whole chicken in soup, a big bowl of steamed rice with some beans, kimchi, raw green hot pepper with dipping paste. My kids wouldn't touch the food except for the rice. The chicken and the soup actually were pretty good. I had some kimchi. I like Korean BBQ better.

The pears were good. They had the brown and yellow ones. That day we weren't allowed to pick the brown ones. They were big and juicy.

3 comments:

  1. Not just your exposure, the composition is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha, my composition is just front and center. Glad you dig it and thank you.

    You know what I want to get my NOVATRON strobes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice pics, well done, your hobbies are more healthy than mine

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....