Saturday, October 25, 2008

Friday Day Party

I am a man with no social life.  So on Friday night, I was excited to go to my kids' school Halloween Party.  As all the kids have a busy social schedule, the school decided to make the party a week early so their loser parents like myself can go too.  We paid $3 per person for general admission and candies were free.  Otherwise snacks and sodas were charged accordingly so as to support the school's finance, all fair and square.  The regular Cokes were sold out early on so only the heathier kiddie stuff and diet sodas were left, oh well all the better.  Given the choice, people always prefer unhealthy tasty stuff.

The kids had a blast and me too.  Again, Mr. Harry was unnecessarily embarrassed by his female classmates, of course, not through any fault of the girls.  He is always very shy about his girl classmates.  I was in my mind in my best behavior not trying to embarass my kids.  Harry feels embarassed whenever a girl comes to say hi to him.  One of the kids came out of the haunted house in tears, and Mr. Harry refused to go.  I didn't go either....  I am afraid I am going to have nightmare.

The kids were in their last year's costume, that is, Darth Vader.  I looked scary enough so I didn't need any costume.  Maybe I should have, just for the heck of it.  I kept encourging my kids to play more games to win more candies, because I like candies myself and never have enough of them.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:17 AM

    I went to my daughter's school to attend a performance with workshop before Halloween. It was fun. Isn't it a social life too?

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....