Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Market Up 485

The market was up 485 points while on auto-pilot. Most pundits were saying because investors are optimistic that Congress would soon pass the rescue plan. I say that's horseshit. Investors are just speculating like they always do. Not necessarily because they are optimistic about the passing of the bailout plan. I say investors are just irrational or are just happy Congress are leaving them alone for a day or two. The drop the day before, oh yeah, investors are so scared they would pass the $700 billion bailout plan. Man, if the pundits are always right, we wouldn't be in this financial shitstorm to begin with. Do they have any credibility at all? I don't really think they do. The kneejerk reaction to get something done, something passed, to fix something is so overwhelming.

2 comments:

  1. So what do you think of the Irish bailout oh-sorry unlimited bank guarantee from an outsider perspective? I'm finding I increasingly can't be objective here especially as I'm wearing multiple hats (taxpayer/mortgage-holder/small-time investor).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ireland is joining the big league now. If this financial shitstorm doesn't hit Ireland then I am sure you guys would be embarrassed. Let's just hope his shitstorm won't turn into a financial ice age when all credit is frozen and things grind to a halt. No, I can't be objective either. Like I said before as somewhat responsible innocent investors we are screwed by Wall Street big time, as taxpayers we are sodomized by the Treasury.

    I am busy now but my thought is basically full of BS. So never mind me. I do think you are a very responsible multiple hat wearer so have a beer in Bernard Shaw meet some cute guys... you are young you can ride out this shitstorm.

    back to more BS at work...

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....