Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ubuntu 8.10 Is Here

I did not even know about it. I must have moved on to other distractions. My PC is really old and I don't want to do anything new with it anymore. My AMD chip is I believe not well supported under Flash so my problem with flash has greatly diminished my web browsing experience. Anyhow, I still haven't backed up any of my pictures or video. I am living dangerously. The good thing about shooting film is I don't have to worry about any hard drive failure or computer failure or backup. My negative is my archive and I only need to file them accordingly like scattering them everywhere. I am hopeless.

3 comments:

  1. It is just getting more and more painful to not have your data under control and backups. It is getting more and more difficult either as the data size getting bigger and more scattered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, where is your rss feed for comments of this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read from Vincent Laforet's blog that a storage provider, I guess mainly for the media types went under and only gave one day notice for users to move the files, that's just ludicrous and unacceptable.

    I have no idea how to do rss from comment, let me check ...

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....