Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Games Opening Ceremony

Live Blogging on location ... I mean on the couch in front of the TV

路人甲, did you see the opening video footage, showing a boarder ripped down the mountain?  That's exactly how I ride.  I hope that answered your question on my previous post.

The rest of the ceremony like any other opening ceremony is just bullshit.  I can't stand it.  Let's just cut to the chase and let the athletes do their things.

Was the flag bearer of the Chinese delegation chewing gum when he led his fellow teammates into the stadium?  I don't know his specialty but he definitely succeeded in one area: looking like an asinine American.

Wow, Hong Kong has one athlete in the Winter Games.  At least the girl has more common sense not to chew any gum and look like an ass.  Smart girl.

Chinese Taipei, one athlete, no gum either.

I am waiting for the United States now ... 216 athletes, wow.  I don't see people chewing gum.  Wow, people here are getting smarter and know a thing or two about etiquette.  Even the snowboarders aren't chewing gum.  The team uniform looks reasonably smart from our trusted American designer Mr. Ralph Lauren, even the polo logo isn't ostensibly large.  A navy blue puffy jacket with red trimming over a creamy white turtle neck cable sweater, white pants and black short boots.  All American and more importantly sans gum.  So the Chinese actually out American the American by chewing gum.  Well done.

4 comments:

  1. I watched the opening ceremony just to confirm that the Chinese athlete was indeed chewing gum. Athlete from Ghana was chewing something too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was in clinton and gorbachev vancouver summit years ago, the white house spokeman was chewing gum and I was stunned. may be that's why he was replaced later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:45 PM

    Please give us a video clip to confirm you are not just an armchair snowboarder. We need visual evidence of you really carving snow on a slope. Beginners' slope doesn't count. Besides, apres-ski is an important part of the whole experience. Show us more pictures b4 I vote you the snowboarder of the year!

    路人甲

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extant: I didn't do a frame by frame but I am pretty sure he's chewing something.
    Water Moon: I have no idea but I will take your word for it.
    路人甲
    OKAY, look like you aren't convinced but what can I say, I don't have anyone shooting video for me.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....