Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chimping

One of the things about film is while taking pictures you can't chimp.  You just keep taking pictures instead of instant reviewing on the LCD monitor at the same time.  Once upon a time, it's considered a good thing to have instant feedback on the LCD, but people tend to overuse it and totally break the picture taking process.  And sometimes it just looks downright unprofessional and lacks conviction on the part of the photographer.  With film, there is nothing to chimp even if you want to.  You just have to pre visualize the picture in your head.

3 comments:

  1. I only check on the LCD once a while. Sometime, I really feel bad when I don't look at the shot hard enough more on the spot to make sure I got it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There doesn't seem to have a lot of excitements in the digital camera area lately. Or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't shot with my D70 for quite some time. The LCD is minuscule. For digital I just shoot mostly my Canon SD880IS. I think everybody chimps. But I have the LCD default off while shooting to save battery and sometimes distraction.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....