Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Me And My P


Me and my P. Canon RF 35mm f2.8 with 35mm optical viewfinder. The optical viewfinder is nifty. It has a focusing scale to compensate the optical discrepancy between the lens and the viewfinder. I honestly don't think it's called parallax correction. Anyway, the distance adjustment tilts the viewfinder down if focus is close and flat focus to infinity. I know some other Canon rangefinders, there's a pin on the cold shoe connected to the focusing mechanism to do just that--moving the shoe mounted optical viewfinder up and down. I mean how cool is that?

When accurate framing is not critical. When accurate focusing is replaced by hyperfocusing. Rangefinder is the way to go. I talk like as if I know what I am doing, I don't really. I just enjoy what I am doing.

1 comment:

  1. out-dated man holding a out-dated camera,

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....