Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sean Lennon

©2010 laichungleung. If you were to use it for editorial purpose, please feel free and give attribution. Thank you.

Me the paparazzi ... Sean Lennon photographed using a 1959 Canon P, 1951 Canon RF 35mm f2.8 with optional viewfinder.  Film was Kodak NC400.

UPDATE:
I took a few pictures of him and I like this one the most.  The partially obscured face on the right doesn't bother me.  I like it as a candid.  The focusing, exposure, expression seem pretty spot on no matter none of them is automatic.  I like the fact that my estimate is on the ball park and somehow captured the moment.  The 35mm lens doesn't prevent me from getting a close up picture.  Really getting close on foot is important.  Yes, I am touting my own horn.

Picture taken outside the two tents in Bryant Park where Fashion Week 2010 was taking place.

3 comments:

  1. He does look rather iconic in that get-up, but please excuse my ignorance, I really don't have a clue who Sean Lennon is without googling. (I probably would die of shame and embarrrassment now once I googled and found out who he is).

    Anyway, great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I just googled and I now see, entirely as I suspected given his surname. I'd go and crawl back under my rock now (btw, how DO you manage to recognise him without a name tag? Or is he meant to be a familiar face state-side?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember John Lennon singing the song "Beautiful Boy" I think it's a tribute to his son Sean. And that is him. It's quite a lovely song. Yoko Ono is really a legi artist but her career is overshadowed by John and their relationship. Sean Lennon I really don't know much about his career other than being the son of John. I sure recognize his face but I am not sure others recognize him.
    Perhaps you are just too young. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....