Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Me The Poet

Can you believe that?  I know I can't.  But here are the two "poems" I have ever written in my entire life.

So Winter Is Here
Snow Is Pelting On My Roof
Snowdrops Brags Haiku
[The last line is corrected by the exceedingly literate Snowdrops]


Winter Games Up North
Cruel Capricious Trails Break Bones
Safer Watch At Home

Since somebody is closing the shop early, I have to single-handedly provide entertainment for the entire Blogosphere.  It's a tall order but somebody has to do it.

The above is purposefully haiku, whether it's really haiku I don't really know for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Well, our haikus may not be very good, but they are still haikus according to my Junior Cert textbook definition of haiku :) At least ours look far more like haikus than just the word "Tundra" (yes, it's a one word haiku according to the wikipedia entry!).

    The thing is, now you can impress your kids with your haiku power when they start doing haiku poems in school :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The school my kids go now don't do poetry. What a pity. I like their old school better.

    I don't follow your "Tundra" reference. Hm?

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....