Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Trend Watch

The fad caught up with me, finally. I read the lumberjack and logger boots (just in case you wonder, I look 100 times betterworse than the dude in the picture then and now--humility prevails) combo is totally in vogue or at least since last winter. I had them since I don't remember, when I was single and weighed 128 pounds. I bought my Woolrich checked lumberjack woolcoat at Paragon downtown when it was maybe less than $100, like $79 and honestly crafted in America. My Georgia logger boots I think I bought in David Z or the like about 13 years ago.  One of them was defective and it broke when I was in Hong Kong.  I wrote to the company with a photo, yes that was before Al Gore invented the Internet, and they sent me a new pair all the way to Hong Kong.  I do have effective writing and picture taking skills, the most lethal and enviable combination one can get.  Now I put my killer skill set to good use, writing this highly acclaimed blog.

Now since they are in vogue, I am too embarrassed to wear them out in the open.  I just wear them to shovel the snow or something.  In Flushing, Queens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....