Monday, January 11, 2010

Grand Central



Developed for 8 minutes using HC-110 diluted at 1:49 at 68F. I am not too anal about the numbers even supposedly I should be. The temperature is probably off and the time probably off a bit.

The Epson V500 is basically a disappointment. The software and the film mounts are just atrocious. I cut my 6x6 in 3-frame strip and it's very cumbersome to load that onto the mount, a 4-frame strip maybe a bit easier but my protective sleeve is for 3-frame film. In any event the frames on both ends of the strip would definitely be difficult to mount no matter it's a 3 or 4 frame strip. That said, I believe you can get decent scans from the machine, if you can get the negative properly mounted, and you can get rid of the dust. Good luck wrestling those.

Sometimes, I am pleasantly surprised by my Yashica. It's just a little camera that can. Many of the pictures I like are from this TLR. I can't change the lens so there is no chance I could be using the wrong lens, like my Nikon and Hasselblad. And the pictures are sharp though I don't have any empirical proof it's sharper than my Carl Zeiss but it really doesn't matter much. The shooting experience is great. With no meter, I got most of the exposures all right, of course, film latitude helps a great deal.

4 comments:

  1. you should shot the girls who join the No Pant Day 2009 in the Grand Central Station

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:30 AM

    Is it on the 42th street?

    McOld

    ReplyDelete
  3. McOld, correct, now you want a lollipop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:46 AM

    There was a time when that place smelt of urine and human faeces. Apparently, it has become more respectable now. Bloomberg is a good guy. For lollipops, I will take home delivery any day.

    McOld

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....