Friday, January 22, 2010

Epson V500 = POS

What a let down.

I was trying to scan a frame or two in the morning. But that POS just wouldn't co-operate. To get the 135mm negative onto the mount is in itself a chore already. But I guess I can live with. The holder for mounted 135mm slides can never give me a sharp scan. I mean never. The 120 film mount is close to impossible to mount. Now the software, today I just couldn't get to select Film as my medium. I re-started it a handful of times and re-positioned the negative holder, still no go. So this is the latest problem, a supposedly photo scanner that can't even scan film. Well your experience might differ.

UPDATE: The cable between the lib and the body came loose, so that was an easy fix. It didn't change my opinion on my experience in general with this scanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....