Friday, August 15, 2008

The Olympics Whistle Blower

Who is the whistle blower? When I first read the piece about chubby face and crooked teeth (words Chen didn't utter in the radio interview, but were used by the press to describe Yang Peiyi, via ESWN), the name Chen Qigang sounded familiar, I knew I must have read it somewhere before.... Chen Qigang is a Chinese-Frenchman who lives in France since 1984 and naturalized in 1992. I can only guess why he said what he said during the radio interview. Maybe he thinks it's no big deal, or maybe in his conscience, he thinks he owes the world the truth or he thinks he should give credit to Yang Peiyi, it seems the right thing to do. Who knows? Maybe five or ten years later in his autobiography he will tell his Beijing Olympics story to the world. .... Note, I just watched the video one more time, Chen is all grim faced when recounting the whole scenario behind the performance. It pains him to do what he did, seems that way to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....