Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Heart Olympics

Say whatever you want, I heart the Olympics. The opening was mesmerizing, I was psyched. I mean what's not to like? You can't see any human rights violation? Or any cops beating up journalists. Can you? The communists are known to be cheesy but seriously the Opening was anything but cheesy. I am not a big fan of Zhang's Heroes, I thought it was cheesy .... But he did an excellent job in creating the look and feel of the ceremony minus the cheesiness. Yeah, at times, I thought I was watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon live, and Yuen Wo Ping's Wire Fu and that was a complement. The thing was just grand and cinematic. And mind you intimidating given the sheer number of people and the ingenious choreography, basically a show of force, a fuck you to all the naysayers, if you will.

The Opening Ceremony was a success if you disagree you are simply wrong.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 AM

    Hi! This post on the Olympics is great – thanks. Did you know you can grab live images from www.picapp.com - Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not cold-blood, but these kinds of large skill people's show cannot touch my heart, I stand of the weak minority

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean the "large scale people's show" cannot touch my heart, I remain as an observer only

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:34 AM

    This was only possible in a communist country with Chinese characteristics. What a show!

    Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Vin-saint, you have come back, welcome back, Vin-saint

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....