Sunday, August 03, 2008

Dragon Boat Race

This weekend was all about walking past the underpass.
Harry always likes to moon me whenever I point the camera at him. He has absolutely no faith in my brand of picture taking.
OKAY, we called it a day.

The obligatory dragon boat shot. I saw a lot of big guns. Sort of. But I know unless you have some 400mm otherwise forget about it. My 80~200 wasn't long enough for any conventional shot. On the otherhand if you are into fine art photography then anything kind of goes. I did shoot a few frames using my Yashica Mat. I could only hope something nice would come out. I didn't bother shoot with my D70 and 80~200 combination except for a few frames, just to show we were there.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:29 AM

    You went on Saturday? We turned to the Hall of Science when we saw the rain coming behind us. It turned out Sunday was so beautiful that we went to see the Dragon Boat Festival finally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the first one. Great composition and lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I had my shot when I saw it. But I don't like the tree on the right. Plus there was a speckle of dust to the left of the tallest lamppost. Of course I wouldn't know how to clone it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes I am very much jealous you have a very healthy and enjoyable family activities, my life is sucked

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....