Monday, August 25, 2008

Mini Movie Review

Captivity directed by Roland Joffe. I was looking for some good horror and good depraved characters. And this movie just failed miserably. And I thought Roland Joffe is some big name director, woo hoo, the movie sucks hard on every possible way. The movie just looks terrible. It's clumsy and boring. And the director doesn't even compensate with some good t&a like any bad I mean good budget horror movie does. So this is indeed very very very bad in a bad way. In this horror flick, the only victim is the paid audience who lost both time and money. I lost only my time as I borrowed from the library, woo hoo.

Panerai, Rambo's gear of choice.

Rambo. I am telling you. Stallone still has it. I really like it's no-holds-barred violence. It's not some PG-13 chicken shit stuff. It's depraved violence, the kind that shocks you and scares you. Right in the very beginning, it showed some raw war savaged footage which you definitely can't see on TV or in newspapers anymore even though the carnage still goes on in the real world. Unlike other movies that tend to beautify and purify the violence, Stallone doesn't go that route. He just goes all the way to shock and awe in a pretty honest gory way, Hollywood style of course. Hey if you like violence, this is your ticket, and there are blood and even children and women got killed en masse, just like in the real world. It makes you uncomfortable but that is the point. If you can't stand the blood and gore, stay away. The movie is fast moving and Rambo has finally come to terms with his true killing machine self. For children? not a chance unless you want them emotionally scarred for life.

(Yeah, this is a freaking movie review despite a lousy one, I don't cover my hiney by saying it isn't one)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....