Monday, August 25, 2008

Beijing Olympics

I am getting a bit of Michael Phelps fatigue. I bet if you are a girl you may feel very differently. A la I am a heterosexual guy. But don't get me wrong, I like the guy all right and frankly I don't understand why some people always try to put a bad spin on whatever the guy does. Anyho, he will be forgotten pretty soon and only be remembered every four years or so. But I guess that's pretty cool actually.

The Opening Ceremony was awesome and I think the Closing wasn't bad either, and if anything it wasn't as long but then it could be NBC's own version. Either way I think it was pretty good. I was horrified when I first saw how a bunch of kids, boys and girls got all tarted up with very old fashioned made-up, red lips and rogue and black eyeliner. It was so not Lin Miaoke. But it took me about 30 seconds to get used to or over it. Well maybe this brand of make-up is cutting edge again. The kids were just fine. As to the Chinese pop stars singing, I think I can only recognize three or four of them. Jackie Chan, Andy Lau and Wang Lee-Hom. I was a bit surprised to see Wang there I guess I have no idea how popular he is and how well respected he must be in the Chinese speaking show business circle. Seeing him onstange, I couldn't help but thought about Tang Wei. She is like banned from the Chinese media, for good. And I can't believe that. Then of course, I start to think about censorship, more bullshit censorship and all the Chinese goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....