Friday, August 08, 2008

Olympics Delay Cast From NBC

I think this is the first Olympics in high definition. And I can attest that the broadcast is really good.

The opening ceremony is mesmerizing. OKAY, more commercials ....

The cheerleading women welcoming the athletes entering the stadium are WHITE HOT as in white baseball cap, white tank top, white skirt, white go go boots, and red neck scarf with matching red holster belt for a water bottle. I am dying to drink from one or two or three or four of those bottles. I am thirsty.

The opening ceremony has been stunning. OKAY, more delegations streaming into the stadium ....

The US delegation is marching into the stadium. The US Olympians are clad in Ralph Lauren. The jacket is three-buttoned. Why three? I always think two is better and the jacket could be a bit more fitted. I like the guy's shirt. The collar is just the right size, a bit on the small side, maybe a bit Thom Brownish in my mind, but that's about it. The pants are long and roomy. Nothing much not to like, overall the outfit is smart. Bush woke up, put on his jacket once again. Rose up with Laura and waved to the delegation.

Kobe Bryant, seen taking pictures with other athletes. Mr Bryant's style is buttoning up two buttons of his three-button jacket, shockingly the bottom two. That could very well be a fashion faux pas. (OKAY, I went back in time in my DVR to double check, it's true) The rule of thumb is you either button the middle one, like James Blake does, or the top two. Whatever, I am just nitpicking, some loser got nothing better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....