Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nikon D90

Nikon introduced its D90. The camera supports GPS and D Movie. The movie part is really impressive and it certainly answers the perennial wife's husband's question, why your $2000 camera can't take movie. As opposed to her his very capable $150 Canon G3 bought 20 years ago. Finally Nikon provided D90 that can take 12MP still as well as some high definition video. This is perhaps a god send to the press and paparazzi.

More from dpreview.com

PJ, Donald Miralle alleging Canon gear malfunctioned during Olympics .... via dpreview.

UPDATE 8/28/08
The every man's reviewer David Pogue is getting on the case of the Nikon D90. Pogue has been pretty influential and now with his overwhelmingly positive review on D90, Nikon the brand and the model is going to have an even better 2008. I fully expect the D90 to do well in the market place. The video review is right here.

5 comments:

  1. If I am not going to get the D700, the D90 sure is a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say get both, the D700 and D90. And sell whatever D60 and D40x you have. It makes sense. Do it before the price plunges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the movie taken from nikon's site. Can you imagine how good they are? Taken with a 85mm f1.4? It's mind blowing. OKAY I am just exaggerating but you know what I mean.

    I think I like about Nikon is, the thing is damn reliable. From my Nikon FE, the lens and Nikon D70. They just don't die on me, even they aren't marketed as pro model.

    All of a sudden Canon just seems to be behind in the innovation department. And I read from, gasp, dpreview a link to business week, some pro PJ in his blog is alleging his Canon gears malfunctioned during the Beijing Olympics, that really sucks and from the blog post, the pictures really look soft if not down right out of focus. So that sucks big time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My latest thought is to kill my D40 by shooting hard first before I will get anything newer. :-)

    Those picture have benn PP heavily, I suppose.

    Mr Rockwell says that the D3, D700 and D300 looks the say and that puzzle me.

    Canon said there is no marketing need to upgrade the 5D !? What the fxxx! Are they blind? I am hoping the 7D? will drive down the D700 price quick. Ah, oligopoly. They ain't no competitor at heart. They are just helping each other to make the most from the latest models.

    ReplyDelete
  5. USD1000 for D90 body, my D60 Kit Set cost USD600 in HK, fxxx the Nikon

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....