Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Just shot another roll of 125PX

 Yet another boring post.

Just shot a roll of Kodak 125PX.  I am keeping my finger crossed as I am not sure how light tight my Yashica
Mat-124G is anymore since I discovered a small bump at the tripod socket months ago.  I shot with the case on thinking that it should protect the camera better.  My hunch is it's still tight but I will have to develop the film to find out.  This time around I will be careful in loading onto the reel to avoid any kinks.

While I am at it, I might as well tell you my experience with the Yashica Mat 124G as compared to my Hasselblad 500C/M.  For the viewfinder, I think both my Hasselblad and Yashica are kind of difficult to focus comparing to my Nikon eye level viewfinders.  If you are young, healthy and have good eye sight and don't need reading glasses then you will do just fine looking through the waist level viewfinder.  I am actually OKAY with the laterally reversed image.  While I find the Yashica's magnifying lens helpful when focusing, the same can't be said about my Hasselblad's.  Well's it's just my experience.  I bought a battery for the Yashica once, but it went dead very fast I think after a roll of film or so.  I don't know for sure if the meter went bad or the battery actually went out.  In any event, I am using the sunny 16 rule and totally forget about the meter.  The same with the Hasselblad though sometimes I carry my FE for metering purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....