Saturday, December 12, 2009

Friday Outing

Severe winter weather alert: you got nothing better to do, stay home, save money, avoid the temptation from all cameras digital or analog.

Yesterday, I submitted to my temptation and took a trip to B&H despite the freezing weather. But my trip was well timed, yesterday was Friday and it only opened till 1PM so I knew I wouldn't get lost in the playland or blackhole for too long. I ended up buying just a couple of black and white film from Fuji and nothing else. I actually have pretty well self control when discretionary spending is concerned. I played with a Pentax 6x7. I think it is hand holdable despite its massive size. The viewfinder is just like a regular eye level viewfinder of a 35mm SLR so I have no problem focusing even manually with my far sighted vision. I find it very difficult to focus directly on the matte focusing screen using the only waist level finder on my Hasselblad 500C/M because of my far sighted vision. Since I was at it, I also picked up a D700 with a 85mm f1.4. The lens was like on steroid with massive front elements and super sized girth. I am not really in the market for a camera or a D700 but I noticed the price is now around $2400. I think I once mentioned that if the price comes down to $2000, I might pull the trigger. Let's see if I am crazy enough in the next six months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....