Thursday, December 17, 2009

Blaceberry Misadventure ...

It's kind of hard to read any article from The New Yorker on a Blackberry Tour 9630.  The three-column layout doesn't sit well with the 2.6" 480x360 screen and yet I don't find any reasonable work around like RSS to just read the damn thing without scrolling left and right every second like crazy.  And I have yet successfully installed Google App on the device.  The device just hangs whenever I go to Allow Application Permissions.  It then requires a nasty reboot which takes much longer than the previous Blackberry I had.

How do I judge the device?  If it can't install Google Mobile App then it's inferior.  Searching online doesn't get much help either.

NOTE:  Gee I can't even spell right, wtf is Blaceberry?  I don't even know.

UPDATE:
I think Google Voice is probably the culprit.  The installation was "alright" in the end.  I don't know exactly what happened, like usual, but the apps seemed to have to be installed one by one or so.  But every time when voice is involved like search by voice, a dialog prompting to Allow or Deny would totally lock up the device.  I have to remove the battery in order to reset the thing.  I don't know any other way.  Again, a search online doesn't get much help either.  Meaning the solution to Allow permissions doesn't help because not all permissions are "allowable" maybe that's where lies the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....