Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Film Developing

My boring posts continue.

For my black and white film developing, I use Kodak chemicals.

For the developer I use HC-110, dilute 1:49, basically a recipe I found from J Brunner.  I think it works out pretty well though I have never printed any of my negative and I only developed three rolls of 120 so far.  It's really non experience experience.
For the stop bath, I use Indicator Stop Bath, dilute per instruction.  I believe you don't even need to use it, you can use water in lieu of it.
For the fixer, I use the Kodafix Solution, dilute per instruction.  I just fix it for 4 minutes, I don't know.  The instruction says 2 to 4 minutes.  I go for 4 minutes.
Then I wash the film in my sink for 30 minutes and put the film together with the reel back to the steel tank full of water and finish it with a drop of Kodak Photoflo for 1 minute.
Hang dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....