Thursday, May 21, 2009

Terminator - A Preview

Once in a while you got to watch a movie that changes your life forever. No. I am just kidding. Once in a while you got to watch a movie that you really really like. As I got older and wiser( more like stupider or at least jaded), the frequency of that happening is getting lesser and lesser. The original Terminator was one of those movies that wowed and shocked me. The story was totally ground breaking. The Terminator was relentlessly savage and I just loved him like that. The second one had more gloss and the Terminator aka Arnold Schwarzenegger was actually a good guy. It was different from the first one, but it was still good except it took the edge off Schwarzenegger which I didn't like but reluctantly accepted, he was mellow and humanly. The third one, I don't even remember what happened in the third one I guess that pretty much sums up how I feel about the third one. Now we are having the fourth one coming out today. I wonder if I can get the feeling back when I saw the first one a quarter of a century ago. I won't bet on it but I guess I will give it a shot.

UPDATE:
Harry Knowles of ain't it cool news calls it a flaming turd. Ouch! Seems to me I better watch the original Terminator. See how Arnold, before he was Twins, before he was the Governor of California, he was The Terminator, he was the ultimate unstoppable killing machine who would stop at nothing until he kills them all or get killed.

1 comment:

  1. when you are in your Ray-ban, you look like the terminator

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....