Monday, May 11, 2009

Shutter Life of D70

My D70 shutter has been clicked more than 16,685 times based Opanda Iexif found on my jpeg below.

According to some database I found online, my camera still has a long way to go if I am not unlucky, at least shutterwise.

If I were to shoot film say 135 format, 36 exposures per roll, develop is $8.50, scan is $11.95, and the film itself costs about $6.75 a roll so it comes to about $.75 per frame.

All these years if I were to shoot film, that means roughly $.75 x 16,685 = $12,510. All of a "sudden" the $2,700 D700 seems like a bargain.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the D700 is a bargain compare with D3 and D3X. It is amazing capacity for playing with the shadow area in your picture. I got loads of backlit subjects in my recent trip and found that pushing the shadow area still produce clean details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My D70 on the other hand is a noise machine. I don't think I will make the jump to any high end DSLR any time soon.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....