Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Afternoon

Terminator
I am glad I was able to enjoy the movie. Perhaps I simply expected the worst and it turned out not all that bad at least not as bad as Harry Knowles made it to be. Christian Bale, with zero per cent fat and a seemingly damaged vocal cord plays John Connor the leader of the resistance. Bale is just crazy and crazy good looking. The story is not impressive but then it's not bad. I still couldn't comprehend how John Connor could meet and save his Dad. Isn't there something in the universe to prevent that from happening? Back to the Future, Michael J. Fox or something? As far as summer movie goes, I think it's not all that bad. Plenty of good effects, both visual and audio. In certain scenes, I feel like I was watching The Transformer and still others, one of the three Matrix's triology, which is I think a high praise.

ICP
Cheap Friday. Got to see Richard Avedon's pictures. I can see most of his works online but I decided to have some face time with them. With his contribution to fashion, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the man had helped define the fashion woman for several decades beginning in the mid 50s. His better works are all in black and white. I don't care much about his color pictures, especially those with the skeleton. I just don't see the genius in them. All of Avedon's shots were well choreographed, the models were sometimes ridiculously but always interestingly posed, which are markedly different from many of today's fashion photos--natural lightings and impromptu setups. A must see for those who are into fashion, photography or fashion photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....