Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Random Thoughts

I don't regret acquiring any of my photographic gears. I regret buying the tripod too late. I find it pretty useful. Though if I were to pay more for some fancy material I could have a lighter leg set. But as it is now, I think I am all right I don't climb any mountain with it. Some of the shots I won't be able to get without a tripod given that I just have steady hands and no VR on any of my lenses.

Sadly, my Nikon F5 and my full frame Nikkor 24-85 AF get least use nowadays. Unlike the D70, which is really a boy's toy, the F5 makes me feel like a manly man.

I like my FE, it's so unobtrusive. In terms of operations, it certainly doesn't obfuscate my "creativity" by giving me 51 focusing points or a bunch of Christmas lights like led indicators. This little machine just gets out of the way.

Well, I want a good point and shoot digital that I can easily carry around (think Ricoh GR II digital or Leica D-Lux or Sigma DP 2). A DSLR or (better and) even a dedicated HD camcorder that can do 1080P. Well the list shall go on and on to infinity and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....